I have to take a moment to comment on BYU this year.
Wooooooo Hooooooooo!
Alright, a bit more. They are in the top 10 now, and I am getting nervous. Some are talking about them getting a shot at the national championship. Color me skeptical.
I am by nature a somewhat pessimistic fan, at least until I'm watching the game, then I am bipolar pessimistic/optimistic. I don't think BYU has shown that they are indeed a top 10 team (though at this point of the season, you could say that about much of the top 10). If they end up going undefeated, and by doing so beat a Utah team that keeps winning and moves up toward or even into the top 10, and a tough TCU team that could be ranked again by the end of the season--both games on the road, then I think BYU will have validated their ranking, and should be in the national championship discussion, if there aren't other undefeated teams from a couple of the more elite conferences (which aren't many, this year).
But, time will only tell. BYU hasn't lost against the teams ahead of them for at least two years (some much much longer), and Utah is always difficult no matter how good or bad they are, so there will be lots of anticipation.
The biggest problem is that if BYU loses, especially midway through the season, it will be difficult to be excited about BYU the rest of the year because of such high expectations.
By the way--to my favorite UCLA fan (you know who you are): Scoreboard!!! 59-0
3 comments:
No comments about your Ball State Cardinal team - also undefeated??
Ha Ha Ha. Very funny. I am hoping for an OU vs. BYU as the national title game and OU losing so I can hear them wine about it for the next 10 years. Good luck.
Go BSU!
Yeah, I'm proud of Ball State too, but they don't have the national spotlight right now, and I knew I had to appeal to my huge national audience.
mcd...I can't begrudge you that. In fact, I'll even wish for it too, just for the extra goodwill between us.
Post a Comment