Sunday, January 11, 2009

A Fawn Memmory

Not long after our first daughter was born, my sister-in-law (who was just a lovely teenager back then) commented in great relief that at least now she knew that she wouldn't have to marry a good looking man in order to have a cute baby.

It obviously haunts me 12 years later or it wouldn't have bubbled into my consciousness while sitting in church this morning--despite my attentiveness to the talks that--to my awareness--had nothing to do with this memory.

So, I guess I have only one alternative--hair plugs.

Yet, as I think about it, I had a thick head of hair back then, so that won't do it.

Anyone know a good plastic surgeon?

Oh well. I guess I can thank her for all the character-building her comment has promoted all these years--my inner beauty has benefited tremendously once I realized that my supermodel facade was imaginary. Such brutal honesty, such beautiful results.

Thanks _______, for your generously-shared insight--I don't know where I'd be without you (except perhaps still knocking on model agency doors wondering why everyone was in such denial).

And, I wouldn't have this random post to write, so it's a net gain for sure! (*wink*)

5 comments:

Emily said...

LOL! Glad I could be of service. ;)

Grandma B said...

Aw shucks. You take after me, right?

Scrappy said...

Whew! I sure am glad that Emily took credit for that one. As I was reading I kept wondering if it was me that said that. (Er..uh...not that I ever thought it. That is certainly not why I even thought there was a possibility that I would have said it. Nah.)

Nana J said...

All parents are testaments that you do not have to be beautiful to have beautiful children! I am also grateful that the genetic code for beautiful does not skip a generation - I would hate to have grandchildren with three chins are their tender ages.

McD said...

Sad. So Sad. Man, who would marry into such a hateful family?

P.S. I saw this article and thought . . ."oh that is sooo Scott!"