Anyone else find male rock singers kind of oxymoronic, especially those with a bad-boy, tough guy image?
I'll show the world how tough I am--I'll sing a song!
I'm a man! La, la, la...
I know enough about the subject to understand that some got into it to "get chicks," and some want to get rich, and some just want to express their angst...but it just strikes me that singing is an odd medium for some of these guys. Granted, some of it is squealing, screaming, talking in rhythm--having only a very faint resemblance to singing.
Don't get me wrong--I am a fan of many male singers. In fact, I think it is a shame that male adolescents who are willing to sing are outnumbered exponentially by female adolescents who share such willingness.
Yet, I still find this whole concept a bit out of sync.
Hmmmmmm.
2 comments:
but wait. . .don't you have a picture of an all male band on the side of your blog? (good band by the way)
Yeah, I freely admit that. Though, this band is not necessarily of the "tough guy" variety.
Post a Comment